Guest bloggers are invited to contribute to this blog.
Posts submitted should be 150~600 words, image optional, links as appropriate.

19 September 2012

Well, what do YOU think it is?


Location: Very posh hotel on the River Thames, not far from London.
Participants: James, the 'footman' (yes, really, that's how he introduced himself) and Mr P, a weekend guest, plus (uncredited) a desk manager and later, another weekend guest.

Going into Breakfast.

James: Ah Mr Pxxxxxx. I have your tea.
Mr P: Tea? Have you mixed me up with someone else?
James: No Sir, don't embarrass me. Please take the tea.
(Mr P takes packet pictured above and slips it into pocket)

An hour later, Checking out.

Guest at desk: Do you have the tea I asked for?
Desk Manager, searching: I'm sorry, Sir, it's not here.
Mr P, standing nearby: Ah, I think I know where it is...

Apparently, yes, it's a rather good breakfast tea from a posh shop in London.