Guest bloggers are invited to contribute to this blog.
Posts submitted should be 150~600 words, image optional, links as appropriate.

16 October 2013

Going up in a Stairlift

I was looking at the London Stair-Lifts website when I was reminded of an amusing story.

My aunt and uncle lived in a first floor apartment with a private ground-floor entrance hall. They would unload the shopping from their Yaris then one would take the stair lift up, followed by relays of bags of shopping, then the other person.

Just like a kid, I wanted to be allowed to use it too but was too embarrassed to ask!

I'm not convinced that they actually needed a stair-lift for themselves at the time but having one already installed enabled them to easily transport heavier shopping items to their upstairs apartment with its massive balcony and excellent views of the coastline.

Remember that scene from Gremlins?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to add your comment