Guest bloggers are invited to contribute to this blog.
Posts submitted should be 150~600 words, image optional, links as appropriate.

09 January 2014

Flying with Hagrid



I sat next to Hagrid on a 7.5 hour overnight flight with Virgin Atlantic - and the aircraft designers really didn't consider him during their calculations.

Of course it wasn't really Hagrid, it was a young man of rugby player stature: 6'2" tall with huge chest and thighs. His knees touched the back of the seat in front of him but when the person in that seat decided to recline it to sleep, Hagrid had to splay his legs to either side of the recliner, one knee poking into the aisle and the other hogging part of my space.

Another knock-on effect of this was that his thighs were then forcing the arm rests up which, in turn, prevented the tables folding down properly... really, did nobody test this?

He didn't grumble though. Probably thought it was more comfortable than a broomstick.
BP2

1 comment:

  1. I'm 5'2" and my legs dangle so I'd like designers to include a foot rest please! Also, the head rest seems to be positioned for someone 6" taller than me.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to add your comment