Guest bloggers are invited to contribute to this blog.
Posts submitted should be 150~600 words, image optional, links as appropriate.

03 March 2014

Crumpet Rant!

Dear Supermarkets,
Buttered Crumpet

Please stock more Warburtons crumpets and don't bother with those inferior products from Kingsmill or Hovis!

For the past three weeks, in two different supermarkets, there has been empty shelf-space where Warburtons crumpets should be - so it seems that everyone else has discovered that these are the best crumpets. In disappointment, I refused to purchase a substitute brand the first week.

The second week, I thought I'd try Hovis. Not only was the taste and texture not as good but after a couple of days, the ones we hadn't eaten had gone moldy - yuk! This week, I purchased Kingsmill and they are as horrible or possibly worse. I have put them in the freezer until I find someone hungry enough to want to eat them.

By the way, I had previously tried supermarkets' own brand crumpets, including their 'best' ranges and they just don't match the quality of Warburtons crumpets.

Regards,
Me.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, and you must use proper butter!
    I tried 'I can't believe its not butter' recently and it should be renamed 'I can't believe people like this stuff'. It tasted awful.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to add your comment