Guest bloggers are invited to contribute to this blog.
Posts submitted should be 150~600 words, image optional, links as appropriate.

26 January 2024

Directed by Dexter Fletcher

Born in the mid-1960s in Enfield (now a London borough), Dexter Fletcher is an actor, film director and producer. He is the British equivalent of USA's Ron Howard. Both became famous as actors and have gone on to direct some great films. Fletcher's quirky style brings enjoyment to a mostly family audience, through such movies as:

  • Sunshine on Leith (2013)
  • Eddie the Eagle (2015) 
  • Rocketman (2019) 
  • Ghosted (2023) 

I've just got round to watching Ghosted, which features big stars in small roles (e.g. Anthony Mackie and Ryan Reynolds). It's a love story, it's an action-packed spy film, it's humorous. Summary: a recommended watch; great fun!

I know that I watched Sunshine on Leith and Eddie the Eagle, both of which I enjoyed, but it was so long ago that I can't remember details! Not a fan of Elton John but I may watch Rocketman some day. 

Unrelated quote:
I am constantly mistaken for Ben Elton...' - David Baddiel. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to add your comment