Guest bloggers are invited to contribute to this blog.
Posts submitted should be 150~600 words, image optional, links as appropriate.

17 August 2012

♫ Advertising Jingles

Brutus Jeans (takes me back, my favourites were Falmers) used this song in the mid-70s, really catchy feel-good tune with the words "When I wake up in morning light, I put on my jeans and I feel alright. I pull Brutus Jeans on, I pull my Brutus Jeans on..."

David Dundas subsequently released the full song which reached number 3 in the UK singles chart.



Other memorable advertising jingles (none of which were written by Charlie Harper) included Coca Cola's "I'd like to teach the world to sing" subsequently recorded by the New Seekers, "I'm a secret lemonade drinker" written by and featuring Elvis Costello's dad and, to finish, the brilliant Courage Best ads by Chas n Dave.