Guest bloggers are invited to contribute to this blog.
Posts submitted should be 150~600 words, image optional, links as appropriate.

28 November 2012

Rape of Schoolgirl in North London

2012: a recent news story made me reflect on my years as a schoolgirl and the lucky escape I had at that time, not far from there.

1970: Two teenage boys were walking a few paces behind my friend and me. As we reached the entrance to playing fields, they caught up with us and pulled us away from the street. I was being physically overpowered but trying to distract the boy with conversation while my friend, who managed to escape, went to get help from a house opposite.

The man from the house shouted and the boys then ran off.

I never told my parents as I didn't want them to worry or over-protect me. I'm now a parent...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to add your comment